Dear beloved friends,
Greetings full of peace and love,
Ramadan is upon us. I call this month “a month of change”. So, remember that it is not about leaving out food and drinks, as some people think. Rather, it is about 1. recharging your spirit for the rest of the year, and 2. deciding to change some thing in yourself that needs to be changed. So, as you prepare for Ramadan, remember the following things:
1. Take the decision to CHANGE some unacceptable behaviour in yourself.
2. Remember that when there is a will, there is a way.
3. Renew your relationships that may have been lost in the maze of life, and, recommit to them.
4. Take a moral stand against injustice and oppression in the world.
5. Become a voice for peace and LOVE at least in your town and city.
6. Remember that “FORGIVENESS is the essence of faith. You must forgive as you hope to be forgiven”
7. Never think you are too little and weak to make a difference in your life and the lives of those around you.
8. Do not be too arrogant to say “sorry”.
9. Remember that humility is the essence of all ethics.
So, take Ramadan seriously and start the new path of change.
Till next “Ramadan note”, Stay fully awake and alert.
Imam Yahya Hendi